BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 4, 2011

Ryan Star "Losing Your Memory" | The Vampire Diaries 2x13 "Daddy Issues"


As I was watching all new TV episodes last night, I was trying to find a new song/artist to feature. But there were a lot of really good songs featured in pretty much all 4 shows that I watched last night. So I’m going with another one from last night’s The Vampire Diaries episode “Daddy Issues.” Ryan Star’s Losing Your Memory was featured during the closing scenes of the episode when Stefan brought Elena and Bonnie over to Caroline's to comfort her after the difficult day that she went though and Damon was confessing to his new victim.



Ryan Star is still getting known. He is about like Matt Nathanson, he has a fan base but there are not many people who are aware of him. I’ve wanted to hear some more of his music because the first time I even heard of him was from the P.S. I Love You soundtrack with his song Last Train Home.

Born and raised in Long Island, New York was exposed to music at a very young age. He was the lead singer in the band he was in back in high school called Stage. During his college years, Madonna signed the band onto Maverick Records. He eventually decided to break out on his own. 

His first album was released in 2005, titled Songs from the Eye of the Elephant. Since then he has released three more albums, the most recent released in August of 2010. 

Ryan’s music has been played in a few other shows, like Lie to Me's theme song, and So You Think You Can Dance. 

Other Songs:
Breathe featured on So You Think You Can Dance

Other links for Ryan Star:

6 comments:

  1. I dont think I have heard of him, but I think I might check out his music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. Do you know what season of SYTYCD Ryan's music was on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish there were replies to certain comments on blogger!

    Brittany: my source says that it was played in Season 6 when the winner was announced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff this week. I'll def check him out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen P.S. I Love You but i didn't know that was his song! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's one that I haven't heard about...definitely gonna have to look him up!

    ReplyDelete